In light of COVID-19, Oregon State Parks have announced via Facebook that the state park system is to remain closed past May 8. This news comes just one day after Washington state announcing state parks will open again May 5. No daytime or overnight visitors are permitted at any Oregon state park. As stated on oregonstateparks.org:
The state park closure will be extended past May 8. There is no date for opening day-use at any state park. State park camping and day-use reservations have been cancelled from May 8 through and including May 25. We’ll share the status of future reservations before May 25, but more cancellations are likely.
You can hit the link here to read more on the official site for Oregon State Parks.
The state park system will remain closed after May 8. Overnight and other reservations will be automatically cancelled until at least after May 25. We’re working daily on plans to re-open some parks for daytime visits as soon as it’s safe to do it, but we don’t have dates yet. Camping will restart after day-use. It’ll all happen when we can meet health goals and our neighbor communities are ready. When we do start to open, things will be a bit different to protect you, our staff and volunteers, and the park. Stay safe, and see you soon! Visit https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm… for the latest information as it becomes available. #ORstateparked #stayhomesavelives
Oregon State Parks closures:
- Campgrounds and restrooms.
- Day-use areas, restrooms, and all recreation facilities within a park, including but not limited to hiking trails, boat launches, disc golf courses and playgrounds.
- All ocean shore/beach access points managed by the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. The ocean shore remains open, with the exception of shores in front of the city of Seaside, but may be closed if people don’t maintain social distance.
- All state park local field offices.
- The Oregon State Parks Information Line remains open at 800 551-6949, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Visit COVID-19 Response Frequently Asked Questions for more information, including campsite cancellation/refund policy.