Last updated on November 11th, 2021 at 10:46 am
If you’ve ever seen the movie The Polar Express and have wished you could take a magical train ride of your own, now’s your chance. Holiday train rides are offered each year in Oregon and are the perfect way to ring in the holiday season with friends and family. Here are three of our favorite magical Oregon holiday train rides in 2021.
Magical Northwest Seasonal Train Rides
Portland Oregon Holiday Express Train From Oak’s Park
This year take an enchanted ride on this heated holiday train ride along the Willamette River. Have a chat with Santa, enjoy hot chocolate, hot cider, tea, coffee and cookies at the train station before boarding the train. You’ll also have a chance to browse the gift store for toys and other gifts to remember your holiday train ride. Night rides offer views of the train lit up with lights. Riders will need to arrive at the Oak’s Park Station at least 20 minutes early.
- 2021 Dates: November 26 – December 19
- Duration: 40-45 minutes round trip
- Price: Tickets range in price from $16-$25 for individuals, or $80 for a family with 2 adults and 2 children. Purchase your tickets now before the available spots are filled. Get your tickets for the Oregon Holiday Express Train here.
Mount Hood Christmas Train
Get into the holiday spirit on the Mount Hood Christmas Train! Enjoy Christmas music and time well spent with family and friends on this enchanting train ride.
- 2021 Dates: November 20th – December 26th
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Price: Between $40 and $70. Buy your tickets for the Mount Hood Christmas Train online here before they sell out.
The Candy Cane Express Train On The Scenic Oregon Coast
Take in pretty views of the Oregon coast while enjoying cookies and hot cocoa on this festive holiday train! Write a letter to Santa during your journey and enjoy the Christmas lights on this special holiday train. Please note, there is a roof but no windows on the train, so bundle up!
- 2021 Dates:
- November 27th, 28th
- December 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th
- Duration: One Hour round trip.
- Price: $20-$25, Children ages 2 and under free with booked adult. Get your tickets to the Candy Cane Express here.
Have you ever been on an Oregon Christmas train before? Which is your favorite holiday train ride? Let us know in a comment and tag the friends and family you want to go with!