Most of us in Oregon are familiar with Portland's popular Saturday Market, but did you know Astoria has its own vibrant market every Sunday? The Astoria Sunday Market is an annual event that began in 2000 and was formed to revitalize Historic downtown Astoria and improve the economic viability for small business owners and farmers in the Pacific Northwest.
The Astoria Sunday Market
With over 200 vendors offering fresh locally grown food, handmade crafts, and more, you will surely find something you love while visiting.
The Market also includes a large food court with an eclectic blend of over 15 food vendors located in the Wells Fargo Bank parking lot.
And bring the little ones, because of course, this is a fun event for all ages.
And what would a weekend event like this be without entertainment and awesome live music?
If you love art, you will find plenty of local artists showing off their fine work.
The Astoria Sunday Market attracts thousands of tourists and locals every year, and is heralded as Oregon's second largest market. Head over to their website at astoriasundaymarket.com to learn more. The event begins Mother's Day each May and ends the second Sunday in October.
Safety precautions due to COVID-19 from their site:
We welcome shoppers to the market! We have a greater variety of vendors now but we will look very different! Our market is designed to allow appropriate social distancing but we need your help!
1) Please: If you or someone you live with is sick or not feeling well, stay home.
2) Please: Stay 6’ feet apart: We are asking customers to maintain safe distances from each other while shopping or passing through the market.
3) Please send no more than two people per household -- large groups create difficulty for social distancing. If this is not possible then please be especially mindful of making sure your group is allowing others to have ample room to be socially distant (don't block aisles, send only one person to the vendor for purchase, step aside if others want to approach a booth, etc.)
4) Please Follow COVID-19 safety protocols:
CDC recommends wearing masks and so do we!
5) Lastly: Please dispose of single-use gloves and masks in trashcans or take home to dispose of.
THANK YOU ALL for your patience and cooperation.
Looking for more attractions while you're in Astoria? Hit the link here to read more about the mysterious Flavel House!