Pros: Breathtaking falls. Scenic canyon. Easy for all ages. Just miles away from many other falls.
Cons: Parking is lacking and the trail gets crowded on weekends.
- Difficulty: Easy-Moderate
- Length of Hike: 1.9 mile round trip
- Distance from Portland: 50 minutes
- Elevation Gain: 301 feet
- Seasons: Year-round.
- Use: hikers, trail running
- Road Conditions: Paved
- Swimming: Yes in the summer.
- Bathroom: Yes, 2. Outhouses
- Overnight Camping: No
- Region: Columbia River Gorge, OR
- Congestion: Crowded
- Preferable Season(s): Spring, Summer, winter, fall
- Day-Use/Parking Pass Required: Yes
- Dogs allowed: Yes
The terrain is beautiful and the falls themselves are spectacular! Far better than Multnomah Falls in my opinion. Keep in mind that a NW Forest Pass is required here but hey, they have bathrooms. As always, please remember to leave no trace. Always leave the trail better than it was before you got there.